Welcome to the Career Development Center
The Career Development Center provides in-person and online services and resources to help students as they explore and develop their careers. Our goal is to empower students to pursue meaningful lives and careers by providing career support, opportunities, and connections.
To learn more about our services, please click here. We look forward to working with you!
COVID-19 Operations & Information
In light of the COVID-19 concerns and Loyola’s transition to online course instruction and remote operations, the following is effective March 13, 2020.
The Career Development Center team recognizes the challenges of being away from the Loyola community and your normal routine as a student. We are here to support you in the coming weeks and look forward to providing many of our regular services in new, technology-focused ways. We will miss seeing you in person each day and wish you good health and success during the weeks ahead.
Individual Appointments. The Loyola University New Orleans Career Development Center is transitioning all upcoming appointments and events to online modalities:
- Students with already scheduled appointments will receive Zoom webinar links to meet virtually with their career development professionals.
- Students may schedule future career appointments by visiting - https://loyno.joinhandshake.com/appointments. Students will have the option of selecting from a video or phone appointment. Zoom/call-in instructions will be sent via the appointment confirmation email sent by Handshake. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to your career coach via email.
- Virtual Walk-In hours are now available from 2:00-4:00 PM Mondays-Fridays. During the Virtual Walk-In hours, you can gain access to one of our career coaches by way of Zoom by following this link and entering the password career. After following the link and entering the password, you’ll find yourself in our virtual Waiting Room. Our career staff will be monitoring the Waiting Room and start your appointment soon after your arrival.
Recruiting Events. All recruiting events are viewable in Handshake at https://loyno.joinhandshake.com/events. While on-campus recruiting events will be cancelled, new virtual recruiting events will be listed on this calendar. There are already 12 virtual recruiting events scheduled this semester. New virtual recruiting events will be added every week.
- Previously scheduled recruiting events that are not able to be converted online will be cancelled. Pre-registered students will be notified.
- New virtual recruiting events will be added regularly. The URLs provided in the event description will serve as the “location” of the recruiting event.
Workshops. As always, all Career Development Center workshops are viewable on Handshake at https://loyno.joinhandshake.com/events.
- Previously scheduled, on-campus workshops and programs have been cancelled.
- Virtual workshops may be scheduled in the future. Keep an eye on https://loyno.joinhandshake.com/events for newly scheduled workshops.
Virtual Resources. Students will maintain access to all virtual resources and handouts.These resources include-
- Handshake, Loyola’s online job and internship board. Currently there are more than 6,000 job and internship opportunities posted in Handshake. New opportunities will be added every day!.
- CareerShift, a tool that helps to uncover published and hidden job and internship postings. The search engine could prove very useful as you seek opportunities at or near home. CareerShift is accessible from the Resources page in Handshake.
- Focus2 – This resource allows you to explore majors and careers based on results from assessments of your work interests, values, personality, skills, and leisure interests. Access Focus2 from the Resources page in Handshake.
- What Can I Do With This Major? – This large database of majors can provide details related to career opportunities for each major. What Can I Do With This Major? is accessible from the Resources page in Handshake.
- GoingGlobal, a resource for the international job and internship search. This tool also provides extensive HB1 hiring information for international students. You can access GoingGlobal from the Resources page in Handshake.
- Handouts – From resume and cover letter writing to conducting an informational interview, be sure to check out our handout and resource guides. These can be found on our website and in Handshake.
Virtual Resume and Cover Letter Drop Off. As usual, we will continue to offer our virtual resume and cover letter drop-off service. Submit your resume and/or cover letter here and we will provide a review and edits via email. Turnaround time is 48 hours (M-F).
Stay Connected on Social Media. We're here to #EmployThePack! The Loyola Career Center assists students in identifying their strengths and creating a plan to utilize them. Our social media channels are committed to providing relevant, practical, and insightful career content for students & alumni to explore major & career options, get into graduate school & plan their future career! Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube today!
As we all continue to learn how to live and work through this phenomenon, please know that we as a Career Center team remain committed to helping you as much as we possibly can. Still, if you have any questions related to our services and how they will be delivered moving forward, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Likewise, we ask that you remain attentive to your inbox for future communication from us regarding career-related services and opportunities.
All the best, Wolf Pack,
Your Career Center Team