Handshake offers tutorials that are informative and easy to follow for onsite activities. Below are links to some our most commonly asked questions. Utilize the Handshake Employer Help Center to find the answers to these and other Handshake questions or issues.
- How do I create a user account?
- How do I join my employer's existing account on Handshake?
- How do I connect with Loyola University New Orleans on Handshake?
- How do I post a job or internship opportunity on Handshake?
- Requesting an Event (Tabling, Coffee Chats, and Employer Connection Sessions
- Registering for a Career Fair
- Requesting an On-Campus Interview Schedule
- Accessing and Managing Event RSVP
- Messaging Students
- Searching for Students and Downloading Public Resumes
What are information tables?
Information tables are opportunities for employers to promote their organization and relevant opportunities to Loyola students at a table in the Danna Student Center. Typically, information tables are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. during a scheduling period called “the window.” During “the window,” there are no academic classes scheduled. Student traffic in the Danna Student Center is high during "the window" because this building contains student lunch options and is located in the center of campus. Scheduled information sessions are marketed to students as opportunities to “drop-by” in between classes to speak with employers and learn more about their opportunities. Information tables are informal opportunities for employers to connect with a large number of students.
How do I sign up for an information table?
Contact Dina Roudeze (email@example.com). Information tables are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
What should I bring?
We encourage employers to bring branded, identifying materials (table cloth, sign with the company logo, pamphlets) and information about your organization’s opportunities. The table dimensions are:
Height: 42 inches
Length: 72 inches
Width: 36 inches
What else is required from me?
Information tables are free of charge; however, we do require that employers do the following:
- Post all job or internship opportunities you will be recruiting for in Handshake at least 10 days prior to your information table. Information about posting job and internship opportunities on Handshake can be found here.
- Track student attendance (we will provide you with a sign-in sheet) and provide a copy to the Career Development Center upon completion of your information table.
Directions, Campus Map, and Parking
For your on-campus visit, parking is available in our West Road Garage, conveniently located near our office in the Monroe Library and recruiting events hosted in the Danna Student Center. The Career Development Center is happy to provide employers with a free parking pass; however your visit must be scheduled and confirmed with enough advance notice for you to receive the parking pass via standard USPS mail. If time is prohibitive or you forget your parking pass, please come to the Student Success Center, room 229 of Monroe Library, and we will provide you with a parking pass.
Typically, free on-campus parking is arranged for career fairs. Refer to your approval packet for details.
For more details and directions, please refer to the link below.