Handshake offers tutorials that are informative and easy to follow for onsite activities. Below are links to some our most commonly asked questions. Utilize the Handshake Employer Help Center to find the answers to these and other Handshake questions or issues.
- How do I create a user account?
- How do I join my employer's existing account on Handshake?
- How do I connect with Loyola University New Orleans on Handshake?
- How do I post a job or internship opportunity on Handshake?
- How do I request to schedule an on-campus recruiting event such as an information table, session, coffee chat?
- How do I register for a career fair?
- How do I request and create an on-campus interview schedule?
- How can I search for students and download public resumes?
- How can I message students?
Employer-of-the-Day Information Tables
What are information tables?
Information tables are opportunities for employers to promote their organization and relevant opportunities to Loyola students at a table in the Danna Student Center. Typically, information tables are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. during a scheduling period called “the window.” During “the window,” there are no academic classes scheduled. Student traffic in the Danna Student Center is high during "the window" because this building contains student lunch options and is located in the center of campus. Scheduled information sessions are marketed to students as opportunities to “drop-by” in between classes to speak with employers and learn more about their opportunities. Information tables are informal opportunities for employers to connect with a large number of students.
How do I sign up for an information table?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Information tables are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
What should I bring?
We encourage employers to bring branded, identifying materials (table cloth, sign with the company logo, pamphlets) and information about your organization’s opportunities. The table dimensions are:
Height: 42 inches
Length: 72 inches
Width: 36 inches
What else is required from me?
Information tables are free of charge; however, we do require that employers do the following:
- Post all job or internship opportunities you will be recruiting for in Handshake at least 10 days prior to your information table. Information about posting job and internship opportunities on Handshake can be found here.
- Track student attendance (we will provide you with a sign-in sheet) and provide a copy to the Career Development Center upon completion of your information table.
Directions, Campus Map, and Parking
For your on-campus visit, parking is available in our West Road Garage, conveniently located near our office. We are unable to provide parking passes via email; however if you schedule your recruiting event at least 7 days in advance, the Career Development Center can arrange for a parking pass to be mailed to you. If time is prohibitive or you forget your parking pass, you may pay to park in the West Road Garage using ParkMobile. ParkMobile signs are posted in the West Road Garage with instructions. For your reference, the West Road Garage is parking zone: 2481.
Typically, free on-campus parking is arranged for our career fairs and a parking pass is not required. Refer to your approval packet for details.
For more details and directions, please refer to the link below.