The Career Development Center offers one-on-one career coaching appointments Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. in our office located on the 2nd Floor of the Monroe Library. You may schedule an appointment with a career coach one of three ways:
- Schedule through Handshake
- Click on "Career Center" on the top right-hand toolbar. Select "Appointments"
- Drop by the office on the 2nd Floor of the Monroe Library in the Student Success Center
- Email email@example.com
Coaches & Online Scheduling
Students are initially assigned to career coaches by major, though an appointment with any coach can be requested according to schedule or preference. Listed below are the career coaches as assigned to your major. If you prefer to meet with a different career coach, please call 504-865-3860 to make an appointment. Otherwise, you can schedule an appointment by following this link.
- Jill Boatright, Director
- All majors in the School of Mass Communication and all graduate students
- Katie Bandy, Assistant Director
- All majors in the College of Music & Fine Arts
- Brent McLemore, Assistant Director
- All undecided students and all majors in the College of Arts & Sciences
Students in the College of Business are encouraged to consult with Portfolio Program first; however, you may schedule appointments with Jill Boatright.
Appointment Days and Hours
Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. However if you cannot meet during normal office hours, please call the office or email your career coach to request an after-hours appointment. We are happy to accomodate if your schedule does not permit you to attend an appointment during regular business hours.
The Career Development Center hosts walk-in hour Monday - Thursday, 3-4 p.m. Walk-in hours are 15 minute appointments for quick resume or cover letter review or other quick questions. No appointment is needed! Just drop by our office on the 2nd Floor of the Monroe Library in the Student Success Center.
If you are unable to make it into the center for an appointment, don't worry! We offer phone/video appointments. These appointments are reserved for:
- Students away from campus for the summer/holiday break
- Students studying abroad or enrolled in online programs
- Alumni working outside of New Orleans
- Other special circumstances
In these rare cases, you may schedule a phone or Skype, appointment with your career coach. Please call the office or use Handshake to schedule a phone/video appointment with your career coach.
Resume and Cover Letter Drop-Off Service
The Career Development Center is happy to provide resume and cover letter reviews and edits through our Resume and Cover Letter Drop-Off Service. Simply follow the link below, fill out the form, upload your resume and/or cover letter in a Word .doc (and not a template), and receive revisions in 2-3 business days. This service is available to currently enrolled students and alumni within one year of their graduation date from Loyola University New Orleans.
Click here to have your resume or cover letter reviewed.