The Career Development Center offers one-on-one career coaching appointments Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. in our office located on the 2nd Floor of the Monroe Library. You may schedule an appointment with a career coach one of three ways:
- Schedule through Handshake.
- Drop by the office on the 2nd Floor of the Monroe Library in the Student Success Center.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, CWID, major, class standing, cell #, appointment topic, and several preferred dates and times. A career coach will be in touch to schedule an appointment within 48 hours.
Coaches & Online Scheduling
Career coaches work according to a liaison model in order to specialize in particular industries and fields. This means you are assigned to a career coach based on your major. However, students are free to schedule an appointment with any coach based on preference. Career coaches and liaison areas are listed below. You may schedule an appointment with a career coach by clicking here.
- Jill Boatright, Director
- All majors in the School of Mass Communication and all undecided students
- Katie Bandy, Assistant Director, Career Coach
- All majors in the College of Music & Media
- Brent McLemore, Assistant Director, Career Coach
- All STEM majors in the College of Arts & Sciences
- Gianna Liantonio, Career Coach
- All other majors in the College of Arts & Sciences and all graduate students
Students in the College of Business are encouraged to consult with their Portfolio advisor, however, they also may schedule appointments with Jill Boatright.
Appointment Days and Hours
Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you cannot meet during normal office hours, please email your career coach (or email@example.com) to request an after-hours appointment. With advanced notice, we can accomodate after-hours appointments if you are unavailable during regular business hours.
The Career Development Center hosts walk-in hour Monday - Thursday, 3-4 p.m. Walk-in hours are 15 minute appointments for quick resume or cover letter reviews. No appointment is needed! Just drop by our office on the 2nd Floor of the Monroe Library in the Student Success Center.
Resume and Cover Letter Drop-Off Service
The Career Development Center is happy to provide resume and cover letter reviews and edits through our Resume and Cover Letter Drop-Off Service. Simply follow the link below, fill out the form, upload your resume and/or cover letter in a Word .doc (and not a template), and receive revisions in 2-3 business days. This service is available to currently enrolled students and alumni within one year of their graduation date from Loyola University New Orleans.
Click here to have your resume or cover letter reviewed.
If you are unable to make it into the center for an appointment, don't worry! We offer phone/video appointments. These appointments are reserved for:
- Students away from campus for the summer/holiday break
- Students studying abroad or enrolled in online programs
- Alumni within 1 year of graduation and working outside of the Greater New Orleans area
In these rare cases, phone or Skype appointments may be arranged with your career coach. Email your career coach directly to schedule this type of appointment.