Prospective Students and Families

Requesting Support & Adjustments

Student support and adjustments are determined on an individual basis through an interactive process that includes input from the student, licensed and credentialed evaluators, OAE staff, and relevant university officials, when necessary, to enable maximal participation in all university functions.

To request an adjustment, students should follow the process summarized below:

  1. Contact the OAE via phone, email, mail, or in person. Undergraduate and graduate students with last names A-M should contact Samantha Pollard, last names N-Z should contact Dario Bayardo, and law students should contact Richelle Voelker.

  2. Participate in an initial interview to discuss academic adjustments that, if implemented, would provide equal access to a university-sponsored course, program, or activity. 

  3. Provide appropriate documentation according to the university's guidelines listed HERE.

(Note: There is not a specific form or type of documentation that is required as we will gladly attempt to review various types of documentation to help satisfy guideline criteria.)


If determined eligible for adjustments, students must:

  • For academic adjustments--Identify the specific courses for which implementation will be necessary and notify all relevant instructors of the need for support via ClockWork linked HERE.

  • For non-academic adjustments (housing, meal plan modification or exemption, parking, facilities)--Collaborate with an OAE Accessibility Counselor to properly notify relevant staff or department heads of the specific need. 

  • Continue to engage in an interactive process with OAE and the course instructor or deparment head to discuss specific implementation and ongoing effectiveness of the adjustment.

Additional Resources
Differences in Support Between High School and College
Frequently Asked Questions
Examples of Adjustments Offered