Back to Top

Students Seeking to Register with Accessible Education

Requesting Support & Amendments

In order to evaluate accommodation and service requests, OAE will need information about how your disability is likely to impact you here at Loyola University New Orleans. Any information/documentation students can readily share during or prior to their first meeting is helpful and can save the need for follow up meetings with OAE. OAE recognizes that barriers exist and can create hardship for students with regard to having and presenting third party disability documentation. Please don't delay submitting the Student Form (page 2) of the Accommodation Request Form out of concern for not having appropriate paperwork. You can also submit it to OAE by: 
·       bringing it to the Student Success Center's front desk on the 2nd floor of Monroe Library
·       emailing it to
·       faxing it to 504-865-3543
·       mailing it to: Office for Accessible Education, 6363 St. Charles Avenue, P.O. Box 40, New Orleans, LA 70118
Student support and amendments are determined on an individual basis through an interactive process that includes input from the student, licensed and credentialed evaluators, OAE staff, and relevant university officials, when necessary, to enable maximal participation in all university functions. All amendments must be made prior to all deadlines for housing, registration, and exams. 

To request an amendment, students should follow the process summarized below:

1. Log in to your Single Sign On (SSO) at the top right of the Loyola webpage.

  • Select "ClockWork for Students."
  • Select the "Start Here" button.
  • Complete the requested information.
  • Upload supporting documents.

*Accommodation requests for Emotional Support Animals require completing an Accommodation Request Form for ESAs (see below) and completing the above process.

2. Contact the Office for Accessible Education for registration information.

  • Students with last names A - K should schedule a meeting with Briana Brown
  • Students with last names L - Z  should schedule a meeting with Maika Llaneza

Dial 7-1-1 to use Hamilton Relay in Louisiana or call one of the toll-free numbers

3. Participate in an initial interview to discuss academic adjustments that, if implemented, would provide equal access to a university-sponsored course, program, or activity.

4. Review the instructions for submitting appropriate documentation that meets the university's guidelines for eligibility determination.

Academic and Housing

Emotional Support Animals



(Note: We will gladly attempt to review various types of documentation to help satisfy guideline criteria; a form has been made available as an option for providing updated information or if other types of documentation are not available.)

If determined eligible for adjustments, students must:

  • For academic adjustments--Identify the specific courses for which implementation will be necessary and notify all relevant instructors of the need for support via the Clockwork Student Portal.

  • For non-academic adjustments (housing, meal plan modification or exemption, parking, facilities)--Collaborate with an OAE Accessibility Coordinator to properly notify relevant staff or department heads of the specific need. 

  • Continue to engage in an interactive process with OAE and the course instructor or department head to discuss specific implementation and ongoing effectiveness of the adjustment.

Additional Resources

Examples of Adjustments Offered

Frequently Asked Questions and Technical Assistance

Louisiana Rehabilitation Service (LRS)

U.S. Department of Education--Laws & Guidance: Overview

U.S. Department of Education--Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Rights & Responsibilities

U.S. Department of Education--Auxiliary Aids and Services for Postsecondary Students with Disabilities

NAMI National HelpLine Resource Directory

Southwest ADA Center